NEW! Enroll for our Beginner Film Acting Certificate Program which includes the weekly Beginning Film Acting class and any four workshops throughout the year. Students receive a certificate of completion. To find out more, click here.
Fall semester begins September 20th, 2017
ABOUT THE CLASS
“Clarence is a very enthusiastic and inspiring teacher. I believe he has a natural talent to get the best out of students. It was great that he was so considerate to beginners and knew exactly how to create a safe environment for us to open up and be vulnerable.” – Patrick, student Fall 2016
This film acting class is designed to immerse beginer students in the craft of acting and how to apply the craft to film and commercial work. The class is designed to provide each student with a solid foundation of acting techniques and film acting skills to start their journey into the world of acting. Working as a collective students will create and produce a webseries over the span of the class.
During the Fall semester the class will cover the fundamentals of screen acting such as improvisation, scene study and character development, speech and movement, auditioning skills and acting on camera craft.
During the Spring semester the class will film an original web series. The cost of the class includes production and editing costs, as well as a copy for each student of the edited footage.
The class is for students that are:
- Curious about acting and acting on film
- Completely inexperienced but who are highly motivated to find out what acting for the camera is all about
- Interested in collaborative work
- Writers or directors who have never acted before and are interested in learning how to better work and write for actors
- Looking for a constructive and creative environment to work on their craft
- Through the use of various acting techniques developed by great acting teachers (Lee Strasberg, Sanford Meisner, Uta Hagen, Stanislavski and others). Students will build skills that will help land them explore the possibilities acting has to offer. This class is suitable for all levels of beginners.
The class will culminate in an open class where students can watch work produced in the class.
The class is open to beginners. Please send letter of interest and photo.
Option 1: Enroll for the new Beginner Film Acting Certificate Program which includes the weekly Beginner Film Acting class and any four workshops throughout the year. (295,50€ monthly). Click here.
Option 2: Enroll for full year of classes (1550€ total or 155€ monthly)
Option 3: Enroll for individual semesters (860€ total or 172€ monthly)
***Possibilité de prise en charge Afdas et Mutuelle Audiens Intermittents du Spectacle***
If you are interested in receiving more information about our fall program or if you would like to register for this or any of our fall classes, please fill out the following form (making sure to include your bio and/or a letter of intent) and we will be in contact with you shortly.